HOW TO: REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP (THE Correct WAY)
Why, you ask?
Throughout the day, your skin is exposed to pollution in the environment, regardless of whether or not you have on makeup. Over time, the buildup of pollution, free radicals, and makeup can result in clogged pores, acne, skin damage, and even fine lines and wrinkles, due to loss of collagen!
To prevent clogged pores which can lead to acne, you NEED to remove your makeup and wash your face every night. Sure, one night of skipping your routine won't cause irreversible damage, but it could lead to an unwanted pimple or two!
How to remove your makeup:
A makeup wipe may take off much of the makeup on the surface of your skin, but will not remove everything. You will need to use a cleanser or exfoliator to remove unwanted makeup and debris from your pores.
To balance your skin before you moisturize, use a non-alcohol toner or facial spray based on your skin-type.
What about for dry skin?
To hydrate and calm skin, use Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rose Water or Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea. Pro Tip: use either facial spray or moisture spray by Cinema Secrets, as mid-day refresher.
Follow with a moisturizer and under-eye cream.
Moisturizes for skin-types:
Normal to Dry:
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme is a makeup artist cult- favorite! A rich moisturizing lotion is really three products in one: use it as a primer, moisturizer, and make-up remover.
- Embryolisse Filaderme Emulsion is an enriched moisturizing cream that maintains the optimal pH of your skin while protecting it from external forces. The concentrated formula means a little goes a long way. Pro Tip: apply sparingly with fingertips over the whole face and neck so that only a fine sheen remains on the skin.
- Embryoderme is a rich moisturizing and revitalizing cream that helps to regenerate the surface of the skin, making it appear smooth, supple, and well-toned. Its simple, effective formula provides the skin the nutrition and repair it needs and ensures rapid correction of problems associated with very dry skin. Elastin, collagen, shea butter, Vitamins A, E and F work to intensely to revitalize the skin. It provides the skin with natural nourishing and moisturizing elements to repair it and eliminate all signs of dryness and discomfort. Its rich texture soothes the skin, leaving it supple, soft and smooth.
- Use Embryolisse Hydra-Mat Emulsion, as it ensures optimal moisturizing and a long lasting matt effect. It absorbs excessive sebum and reduces shininess; the apricot oil naturally tones skin.
- Embryolisse Anti-Aging Firming Cream combines soluble collagen with hyaluronic acid to visibly firm skin, boost elasticity, tone and reduce wrinkles. Once applied, the nourishing base adds density and softens skin in a matter of seconds. This rich, nourishing, non-greasy formula restores skin’s substance to re-sculpt the facial outline and erase wrinkles.
- Embryolisse Smooting Eye Contour Treatment presents a non-greasy eye treatment that has been specially formulated for the fragile area around the eyes. Rich in active ingredients, this multi-purpose product acts to improve skin tone, firm skin, and reduce the appearance of small wrinkles and crow's feet.
Your body and hands! Embryolisse Nourishing Hand Cream contains a combination of natural shea butter and wheatgerm oil to give very dry, damaged hands a smooth, plumper appearance, leaving skin feeling comfortable and soft to the touch!
Once or twice A Week:
Exfoliate! Products such as Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and Botanical Exfoliating Scrub are designed to dissolve dead skin cells and refresh complexion. Induldge using a treatment mask, available for all skin types and skin concerns; Musteav Masks are antioxident and vitamin-infused to target and combat skin concerns.