Makeup for Teens
Be sure to cleanse the face with a gentle product; the goal is to enhance the youthful complexion. There are many gentle cleansers available at drugstores, such as Neutrogena, Olay or Cetaphil. A great cleansing product, available at the School, is the Enzyme Cleansing Gel from Mario Badescu.
The Mario Badescu line also includes an excellent product regime for those experiencing acne. If the teen’s skin needs even more attention, however, be sure to consult a dermatologist.
- Avoid heavy foundation Use a water-based, tinted moisturizer or a BB cream that includes SPF of at least 15 or a BB cream. Skin needs to breath, especially if breakouts occur. Heavy foundations can make this problem worse. At the School, we carry a full line of Embryolisse, which includes a BB crème with an SPF of 20.
- After applying the tinted moisturizer or BB cream with SPF, spot conceal using a brush, not the fingers.
- Look for a concealer that contains silicone, which will not cause further breakouts and will provide longer wear than a creamy - based concealer.
- We highly recommend Cinema Secrets Pro foundation/concealer for camouflage makeup.
- Opt for a sheer, wash of color, using a creamy sheer blush instead of a powder. In fact, try to use a silicone-based color, such as Becca Beach Tint for the cheeks.
For those teens who want to “play” with highlight and contour techniques, we recommend using a light and a dark of the Inglot Sculpting Powders.
- Consider using clear mascara instead of black or brown. Clear mascara will still give some definition and separation without the risk of having raccoon eyes or just too much drama.
- Use a light and natural eye shadow for day; you can add shimmery eye shadows for evening events, as long as they are neutral (close to skin tone) We love the Inglot Freedom System palette eye shadows for both the selection and the price!
- Use a sheer lip gloss; avoid heavily pigmented lipsticks and liners. You can still play with color this way but it will still look light and fresh. We love the Becca Beach Tint Lip Shimmer Soufflés!
Don’t forget: The goal is to enhance the young girl’s fresh, radiant face and features-not go over-the-top. Make Up First® will be offering a Teen Camp June 2016! Sign up here!
All products mentioned in this article can be found in our Pro Shop, either in store or online