Consumer Disclosure Information
Current Reporting Period: 7/1/14 – 6/30/15
In order to apply for, and be admitted to, the School, the prospective student must be 18 years of age or older, and have received a high school diploma or its equivalent. Legal documentation of these admission requirements must be presented upon application to the School.
Make Up First, LLC is approved to operate by the Private Business and Vocational Schools Division of the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Make Up First, LLC is not accredited by a US Department of Education recognized accrediting body.
Make Up First® School is not a federally-assisted program, and therefore does NOT offer financial aid through the Federal Student Financial Assistance programs under Title IV regulations The School does, however, accept benefits through the GI Bill (military service) and MyCAA (spouses of military personnel). Other than through the GI Bill and MyCAA, there is no financial aid offered.
TUITION & FEES
REGISTRATION FEE: $0.00
MISC. EXPENSES: $0.00
TOTAL COST FOR CERTIFICATE PROGRAM: $7,700.00
(includes $800 supply cost)
CERTIFICATION OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of Basic Makeup I, Basic Makeup II, Media Makeup - High Definition, Media Makeup - Runway, Editorial, Fashion Makeup, Theatrical Makeup A, Theatrical Makeup B, Clinical Makeup and Careers In Makeup Artistry, a Certification of Completion will be issued by the School.
The School warrants that it is currently recognized as an approved vocational school under the Division of Private and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
CRITERIA FOR ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATES OR DIPLOMAS
Grading scales and standards of student progress
- Students must score 85% or better on the written test at the end of each course.
- Grading Scale: 91%+ = A / 81%-90% = B / 71%-80% = C / 61%-70% = D / Less than 61% = Failing
- The students’ hands-on work will be evaluated for each course. The evaluation will then be documented and provided to the students at the end of each course. The evaluation will reflect attendance, class participation, homework completion and improvement of skills.
- All homework must be satisfactorily completed each day for each course.
- The student will be required to attend each day that the course is offered.
- If the student can not attend, arrangements must be made with the school to make up the missing classes.
- Attendance sheets will be posted on the school bulletin board before each class.
Upon five days of the student’s written request, original transcripts will be sent via US Mail. The School may charge a $10 fee for the original transcript request. Subsequent requests will cost $5 per request.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Each student shall conduct themselves in a professional, courteous manner. Each student is expected to arrive within five minutes of the start time, and remain until each class is over. Three episodes of tardiness will constitute excessive tardiness. Excessive tardiness will be grounds for dismissal from the school. In addition, absenteeism will lead to dismissal from the school. Grounds for dismissal shall also include the following: substance abuse, abuse of staff, harassment, vandalism, and theft. Each student is required to maintain a clean work area and show respect for the school’s equipment and property. Each student is required to arrive prepared, with sanitized brushes and completed homework.
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
Should the student’s enrollment be terminated, cancelled, or should the student withdraw for any reason, and such termination, cancellation or withdrawal is submitted to the School in writing, which writing shall include email to the School, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
- 100% REFUND - If the student submits, in writing, intent to withdraw or cancel the Enrollment Agreement before midnight of the 5th business day before that course has commenced, as identified in the Enrollment Agreement.
- PARTIAL REFUND –The student is entitled to a partial refund: If the student has started to attend courses and then notifies the School of the intent to withdraw after that course has commenced, the School may retain an amount computed prorata by days in class for the particular course, plus 10% of tuition and other instructional charges up to completion of 60% of the course of instruction.
- Basic I: Basic II; Media - Runway, Editorial Fashion; Theatrical A; and Theatrical B Refund Schedule
- after either zero days (without requisite notice) or one day attendance – $125 less 10% = $112.50
- after two days attendance - $250 less 10% = $225
- after three days attendance - $375 less $37.50 = $337.50
- after four days attendance - $500.00 less $50.00 = $450.00
- after five days attendance - $625 less 10% = $562.60
- after six days attendance - No Refund
- Media High-Definition Makeup - Refund Schedule
- after either zero days (without requisite notice) or one day attendance - $125.00 less $12.50 = $127.50
- after two days attendance - $250 less 10% = $225
- after three days attendance - No Refund
- Clinical Makeup - Refund Schedule
- after either zero days (without requisite notice) or one day attendance – $200.00 less 10% = $180.00
- after two days attendance - $400 less 10% = $360
- after three days attendance - No Refund
- Careers in Makeup Artistry - Refund Schedule (one day course)
- if written notice is not received within 5 business days of the Course - $540.00
- Airbrush Makeup - Refund Schedule (one day workshop)
- If written notice is not received within 5 business days of the workshop - $360.00
- Airbrush Camoflage - Refund Schedule (one day workshop)
- If written notice is not received within 5 business days of the workshop - $225.00
- Consolidated Basic I and Basic II - Refund Schedule
- after either zero days (without requisite notice) or one day attendance – $250 less 10% = 225.00
- after two days attendance - $500 less 10% = $450
- after three days attendance - $750 less 10% = $675.00
- after four days attendance - No Refund
- NO REFUND - When the student has completed in excess of 60% of the course of instruction of the particular course of study in which the student has enrolled, the School may retain the entire tuition and other charges as identified in the Enrollment Agreement.
STUDENT’S RIGHT TO CANCEL OR WITHDRAW
The student has the right to cancel the initial enrollment agreement until midnight of the 5th business day after the student has been admitted for the course identified in the Enrollment Agreement. If the School fails to give the right to cancel to a prospective student at the time the agreement is signed, then the student has the right to cancel the agreement at any time and receive a refund on all monies paid to date within (30) days of cancellation. Cancellation should be submitted to the authorized official of the school in writing.
TERMINATION BY THE SCHOOL
While enrolled in the school, the student must maintain satisfactory academic progress as described in the school catalog and that all financial obligation to the school must be paid in full before completion of the course(s) of study may be recognized. The student’s failure to comply with attendance, academic, and financial requirements as well as the failure to comply with the established standards of conduct, as outlined in the school catalog, may result in the termination of a student from the School. Refunds will be made by the authorized official of the School within 30 days of the withdrawal of the student.
Within 15 calendar days of receipt of the student’s notice of cancellation or withdrawal, the school shall mail or email a written acknowledgement of a student’s cancellation or written withdrawal to the student within 15 calendar days of the postmark date of notification. Such written acknowledgement is not necessary if a refund has been mailed to the student within the 15 calendar days.
NOTICE TO STUDENT
- Do not sign this agreement before you have read it or if it contains any blank spaces.
- This agreement is a legally binding instrument and is only binding when the agreement is accepted, signed, and dated by the authorized official of the school or the admissions officer at the school’s principal place of business. Read all pages of this contract before signing.
- You are entitled to an exact copy of the agreement and any disclosure pages you sign.
- This agreement and the school catalog constitute the entire agreement between the student and the school.
- Any changes in this agreement must be made in writing and shall not be binding on either the student or the school unless such changes have been approved in writing by the authorized official of the school and by the student or the student’s parent or guardian. All terms and conditions of the agreement are not subject to amendment or modification by oral agreement.
- The school does not guarantee the transferability of credits to another school, college, or university. Credits or coursework are not likely to transfer; any decision on the comparability, appropriateness and applicability of credit and whether credit should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.
- I hereby acknowledge receipt of the school’s catalog, which contains information describing programs offered, and equipment or supplies provided. The school catalog is included as part of this enrollment agreement and I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this catalog.
- I have carefully read and received an exact copy of this enrollment agreement.
- I understand that the school may terminate my enrollment if I fail to comply with attendance, academic, and financial requirements or if I fail to abide by established standards of conduct, as outlined in the school catalog. While enrolled in the school, I understand that I must maintain satisfactory academic progress as described in the school catalog and that my financial obligation to the school must be paid in full before a certificate or credential may be awarded.
- I hereby acknowledge that the school has made available to me all required disclosure information listed under the Consumer Information section of this Enrollment Agreement.
- I understand that the school does not guarantee transferability of credit and that in most cases, credits or coursework are not likely to transfer to another institution. In cases where transferability is guaranteed, [school name] must provide me copies of transfer agreements that name the exact institution(s) and include agreement details and limitations.
- I understand that the school does not guarantee job placement to graduates upon program completion.
- I understand that complaints, which cannot be resolved by direct negotiation with the school in accordance to its written grievance policy (formal letter written/emailed to the School), may be filed with the Illinois Board of Higher Education, 1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333, Springfield, Illinois 62701 or at http://complaints.ibhe.org.
The student acknowledges receiving a copy of this completed agreement, the school catalog, and written confirmation of acceptance prior to signing this contract. The student by signing this contract acknowledges that he/she has read this contract, understands the terms and conditions, and agrees to the conditions outlined in this contract. It is further understood that this agreement supersedes all prior or contemporaneous verbal or written agreements and may not be modified without the written agreement of the student and the School Official. The student and the school will retain a copy of this agreement.