Why Wait? Scholarships and Grants Can Help start Your Career now!
You want to become a makeup artist, but financially you don’t know how to make it happen. Don’t let the fear of financial burdens hold you back—use the tools and resources available to turn your dreams into a reality.
There are hundreds of scholarships and grants available for prospective students in Chicago and throughout the Midwest. Some you can apply for in less than 15 minutes! There are also benefits for US veterans, employer education stipends, and much more! With a little digging, you may find that you’re eligible for multiple options to help pay for education.
Below we’ve compiled a list of some of the scholarships and grants used by previous students of Make Up First to help you jumpstart the process!
Scholarships and Grants
Note: Some scholarships require Cosmetology and or Aesthetics licenses in order to be an eligible applicant. Be sure to research requirements carefully prior to submitting an application.
• The Professional Beauty Association provides scholarship information for organizations such as Minerva, Hans Neumaier, Sally Beauty Supply, and America’s Beauty Show!
• The Presidents Scholarship from America’s Beauty Show and Cosmetologists Chicago can help you take your career to the next level. Regular members of Cosmetologists Chicago® (CC), Cosmetologos Latinos® (CL), American Assiociation for Esthetics® (AAE), and International Nail Technicians Association® (INTA) can apply for up to $2,500 a year ($7,500 lifetime maximum) for Advanced Classes and Seminars.
• American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS) partners with industry sponsors to offer scholarships and grants to deserving cosmetology students. Beauty Changes Lives (BCL) currently offers seven scholarships in all categories representing the beauty and wellness industry. They also offer two advanced education scholarships, one in cosmetology and one in makeup. Since 2013, BCL has given away more than $1,000,000 in scholarships to students attending cosmetology, esthetics, nail, massage, makeup and advanced courses.
• Beauty Schools Directory is donating a $2500 Scholarship to help pay for education at the beauty school of your dreams! Deadline is October 31st!
• Blessons Scholarships for Women are funded by donations and are unique and may often function as the only source of support for women where no other granting and scholarship organizations may exist or are accessible in it’s nature where grade point average is NOT a deciding factor. They give women the resources to realize their educational goals to use the funds in whatever way that helps them most such as: books, tuition, on-campus health insurance, cafeteria, computer labs and transportation.
• The Chade Foundation Scholarships Program is offering financial aid to incoming and current college or graduate school students. In order to show our gratitude and support to the Chicagoland community, the company established Chade Foundation in 2007. We invite all eligible students to apply for our 10th Annual Scholarship Awards.
Breaking down scholarship opportunities, and where to find them
Database of Vocational Scholarships