Mascara and Lashes for Corrective Eye Shapes!
General Rules: With mascara do your bottom lashes first. With top lashes, wiggle the mascara wand from root to tip. Coat under and over lashes. Turn wand vertically to flick out outer corners.
1. Close set eyes: Build drama (thickness and length) at outer corners of eyes.
2. Wide set eyes: Full fan of mascara from corner to corner, with more concentration on the center.
3. Monolid eyes: Key is curling lashes so they can be seen above lash line. Use delicate, lengthening mascara/lashes (and lower lashes).
4. Hooded eyes: Curl lashes and use a more volumizing mascara up at the center to add more height and help create a more rounded shape – waterproof mascara recommended.
5. Deep set eyes: Shadows should be kept light and mascara feathery, in all directions (Blake Lively; Taylor Swift).
6. Protruding eyes: Minimize lashes – curl to emphasize height rather than protrusion.
7. Upturned eyes: Further exaggerate by concentrating mascara on outer corners.
8. Downturned eyes: Curl lashes up, especially at the center, and avoid mascara on the lower lash line.
9. Almond eyes: Full fan of lashes both top and bottom – anything goes!
This writing is owned by Make Up First, LLC, and cannot be copied or otherwise reproduced without written permission of the owner.